The Legal, Non-Prescription Alternative for Fast Topical Relief
The single most-requested product in 2018-2019 from our community was a topical version of our CB2™ Wellness terpene blend, and so we present our luxurious CB2™ Salve.
Each tin contains a full 2 mL of our multi-award-winning, physician-formulated CB2 terpene blend in a base of organic shea butter, with sweet peppermint essential oil that smells delicious!
While most use CB2™ Salve as a legal, non-prescription alternative to topical cannabidiol (CBD) products, many also use it as a base to add their own CBD or cannabis oils. As you may know, CBD is the popular cannabis compound that has significant health benefits, but lacks the intoxicating effects of its sister compound, THC. This means you get a number of incredible health benefits without feeling “high,” and it delivers these benefits by positively influencing the endocannabinoid system (ECS; the body’s master regulator of homeostasis).
Unfortunately, CBD is only legally available through controlled distribution from government-licensed cannabis outlets. So in order to bring these benefits to a growing number of individuals through open distribution, Cannanda’s research and development has created our CB2™ Salve. By harnessing the power of terpenes in this precisely formulated blend, we can optimize the function of the ECS through the activation of one of its main receptors, a receptor called cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB2).
However, if you’re already CBD user, the benefits could be even greater! There is a perfect synergy between Cannanda’s CB2 and CBD products (read more below).
Activating the CB2 Receptor
CB2 is one of the two main receptors of the ECS. There are numerous benefits to activating this receptor without activating the CB1 receptor (the receptor THC activates, and is responsible for the “high” associated with cannabis). The following is a small list of studies illustrating the benefits of CB2 activation.
Pain & Inflammation:
- The CB2 receptor and its role as a regulator of inflammation (Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016; 73(23): 4449-70.)
- Targeting CB2 receptors and the endocannabinoid system for the treatment of pain (Brain Res Rev. 2009 Apr; 60(1): 255-266.)
- Cannabinoid CB2 receptors: a therapeutic target for the treatment of inflammatory and neuropathic pain (Br J Pharmacol. 2008 Jan; 153(2): 319–334.)
- The central cannabinoid receptor type-2 (CB2) and chronic pain. (Int J Neurosci. 2017 Sep;127(9):812-823.)
- Cannabinoid CB2 receptors regulate central sensitization and pain responses associated with osteoarthritis of the knee joint (PLoS One. 2013; 8(11): e80440.)
- Expression of cannabinoid receptors in human osteoarthritic cartilage: Implications for future therapies (Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2016 Jan 1;1(1):3-15)
- CB2 as a potential therapeutic target in rheumatoid arthritis (Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2014; 15: 275.)
- CB2 and its inhibitory effects on synovial fibroblasts in rheumatoid arthritis (Rheumatology. 2014; 53(5): 802-809.)
- Role of CB2 in mediating inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. (Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2019 Nov-Dec;37(6):1026-1035.)
- Activation of CB2 receptors as a potential therapeutic target for migraine: evaluation in an animal model (J Headache Pain. 2014; 15(1): 14.)
- CB2 exerts antifibrotic effects in experimental dermal fibrosis. (Arthritis Rheum. 2009 Apr;60(4):1129-36.)
Enhance your CBD Experience™
As mentioned, CB2™ can greatly enhance the benefits you already receive from CBD products. Here’s how:
- Activating CB2 receptors is not how CBD is thought to work. This is because CBD only has a very weak ability to bind to CB2 receptors.
- Newer studies suggest CBD may influence cannabinoid receptor shape and/or inhibit the proteins that remove our endocannabinoids. This means our own endocannabinoids can then activate CB2 receptors, and could be how we get the benefits from CBD products.
- However, if we can supply the body with external sources of compounds that directly activate CB2 receptors (such as those found in our CB2™ blends, we can amplify those benefits. It’s actually the perfect combination!
Organic shea butter, Cannanda CB2™ terpene blend (100% natural terpenes extracted from botanical sources), organic peppermint essential oil, organic carnauba wax.
Massage into skin as needed for local relief. For external use only. Keep away from mucous membranes. For higher potency, add drops of CB2™ Wellness terpene blend to as you massage the salve into you skin.
How to mix with CBD or cannabis oils: With cap on tightly, place entire tin in a cup of hot water for 5-10 minutes (not boiling water, hot water from your tap is sufficient). Carefully remove tin from water and place on a level surface. Unscrew cap and add CBD or cannabis oil (be careful not to overfill). Using a toothpick, gently stir the CBD/cannabis oil into the liquified salve. Once thoroughly mixed together, screw cap back on and place in fridge until solidified.